Giant Monster Pte Ltd is the brainchild of Mark Chavez in 2014. Mark is an animation industry veteran who has created animated, interactive, and immersive installation content since the 1980s. As an animation industry veteran, production artist and educator, Mark has taken roles at major animation studios on more than 15 award-winning feature films and innovative interactive titles and created animated movies that have screened at numerous international film festivals, receiving multiple awards. His recent personal artworks Quantum LOGOS (vision serpent), premiered at the Ars Electronica Festival 2019 in the Deep Space 8k Theater.
As founding faculty at Nanyang Technological University Singapore’s School of Art, Design & Media, he established a content development think tank as part of his research. In 2009 he received the prestigious National Merit Award from the Government of Singapore for work in the Singapore Prison System and received significant funding from the National Research Foundation/Media Development Authority of Singapore for animation research. He chaired the SIGGRAPH Asia 2013 conference’s Art Gallery in Hong Kong and the SIGGRAPH Asia 2008 Educators Program in Singapore.
Mark’s current work is in experimental art/sci animation research for short-films and immersive display that utilizes aspects of intuitive, assumptive cultural models to describe the nature of existence as confirmed through Quantum Theory.
- Research in art & scienceElectrons exist as standing waves and are never in a single point or location.
- ChrysalisI co-directed a short film with my partner Ina Conradi. Based on an old legend about the butterfly‘s struggles to evolve the film is the […]
- Emotion StudySingapore/Los Angeles Media Company Media Art Nexus NTU An ongoing public art installation, 15 x 2 meter LED interactive wall in a public corridor in […]
- Beijing Film Academy presentation visitLast weekend (27-Nov-2019), I was in Beijing presenting my work for Quantum LOGOS (vision serpent) at a conference for planetarium and projection video. Planetariums and […]
- Media Art NexusMedia Art Nexus or MAN is a community public art project that aims at providing a platform for exhibiting interactive new media art created by the multi-disciplinary community […]
- Ars Electronica Festival 2019, Out of the Box reflectionsThe floor of the installation is designed to emulate a sacred Maya pool.
- Quantum LOGOS (vision serpent) Film FestivalsQuantum LOGOS (vision serpent) is selected for film festivals Bianka Hofmann in a brief interview with the director, Mark Chavez concerning the Raw Science Film […]
- Stan Lee homageI was working on a project that would take the Stan Lee personage to create a childrens content platform.
- Chinese Language TutorA demo of a proposed Chinese/English language learning game that would use a teacher avatar to instruct language using animated shorts and Chinese written language. […]
- Content Development Think TankMy research at NTU encompassed the creation of a think tank focused on game design and development. Game Design for Entertainment: A Content Development Think […]
- UCLA Art/Sci Center 2018With my partner A/P Ina Conradi, I spent the first months of 2018 as an artist-in-residence at UCLA. At the end of this time, we […]
- Cinematics and NarrativesI published an academic article on “the making of” in MIT’s Leonardo online magazine that covers a research grant I received from Singapore’s National Research […]
- AcademicMy academic site and Google Scholar site and Research Gate academic reference site.
- ChrysalisIn 2018 my collaboration with my partner Ina Conradi Chrysalis was honored at the Advanced Imaging Society’s Lumiere Awards ceremony at Warner Bros Studios Burbank. We’re […]
- Emote ProjectThe Emote Project, comprised of 50 minutes of animation in four chapter and 5 sections 2017) is about feelings, brain waves, and real-time experimental animation. […]
- [Vengeance+Vengeance]In a world where scientific achievement has merged the boundaries between man and weapon, one woman stands apart. The Resnick Corporation through advanced genomic research […]
- Singapore: Inside Out TokyoCrepuscular Rays of the Moon created in collaboration with Singaporean fashion designer Josiah Chua and his 2018 capsule collection, titled Hikari. The SGIO Tokyo event, […]
- Experimental AnimationA permanent exhibition of experimental animation on display daily at the Media Art Nexus consists of a series of six experimental works made with reactive […]
- Digital Medicine, Arts, + STEAMCollaboration with Fraunhofer MEVIS: Institute for Digital Medicine (DE) + Media Art Nexus NTU Singapore (SG), Deep Space 8K, Ars Electronica Festival 2018 The awarded […]
- Protected: Curriculum VitaeThere is no excerpt because this is a protected post.